Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Thursday November 19th!
Hi! I’m Clark! I’m the handsome fellow who types up all of these wonderful blog posts and plans all of the events here at Saraveza! What’s that? We haven’t met? Well then, Thursday the 19th of November is your chance! I’ll be hanging out from 6 - 9 (probably later, to be honest) and eager to meet all of your smiling faces.
Hey… speaking of meat… I haven’t even used the smoker yet! So I’m gonna smoke a brisket too, and we’ll have some sandwiches for you to eat! They’ll go really well with a side of mac n’ cheese and a beer… Oh yeah! Beer!!! I should probably figure that out.
Full-ish draft list announced!
1. Heater Allen - Rauch Dunkle
2. Commons - Tinder Box - a saison with smoked tea, cedar bows and juniper bows
3. De Garde - Cherry Blue Bu
4. Upright - Rosa - a blend of a young and well hopped saison and their pinot noir barrel aged Rose
5. Barley Brown’s - No Hander Lander IIPA
6. Block 15 - Consortium VI IPA - A dual hopped IPA using Amarillo and Mandarina Bavaria lending some interesting tropical and rustic flavors
7. Fat Head’s - IBUsive IPA
8. Finnriver - Fire Barrel Cider - a Kentucky Bourbon barrel aged cider - the last keg known to exist!
9. Epic - Big Bad Baptisit - A barrel aged stout with coffee and cocoa nibs
10. ??? - Sometimes in the beer business, it just takes a while to get things lined up exactly - I’ll update this space once I know what it is or isn’t going to be.
So come out and introduce yourself, take a look around at the beer in the coolers, tell me what I’m doing wrong (or right?), drink some beers, and maybe even get a coveted brisket sandwich!
Originally hailing from Corydon, Indiana, Clark relocated to Bedford, Texas as a child. He became a wonderful mix of all things that make a Texan and a Hoosier great! He developed a passion for photography and worked as a camera store manager for nearly a decade before leaving to explore the Pacific North West. After a week long stint in Portland, OR, he sold most of his belongings back in Texas, loaded up whatever he could fit in his car, and moved to Portland in the spring of 2009 to pursue a career in the beer industry.
After a short stint in the land of call centers, he was hired by Belmont Station in November of 2012 to stock bottles and help customers in the bottle shop during the holiday rush. Luckily for him, he didn’t break things very often, so they decided to keep him around after the holidays as a full time employee in the bottle shop. His time there was filled with fun, hard work, a creepy cardboard cutout of himself, and an ever expanding knowledge of beers and breweries from across the globe.
In August of 2015, Clark applied for the position of Beer Buyer and Events Coordinator at Saraveza that was previously held by our beloved Erika. After being thoroughly interviewed, screened, and put through a “Double Dare” style obstacle course, he was officially hired on-board. His duties are to curate the draft and bottle selection, as well as to plan and orchestrate all of the great annual events we do here at Saraveza.Tweet this